About the Role
Position Information: Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad College of Law is seeking
applications from qualified individuals to teach the following experiential courses:
• Civil Pre-Trial Practice,
• Interview and Counseling,
• Appellate Practice Workshop, and
• Law Office Management.
Experiential workshops are hands-on small workshops that involve “substantial experience not involving an actual client that is reasonably similar to the experience of a lawyer advising or
representing a client or engaging in other lawyering tasks.” As such, workshops do not involve
substantial lecturing or include a final exam. Instead, they include practice-based projects
continuously throughout the course, in which the faculty member gives meaningful timely
feedback to students to ensure their learning.
We will consider applications to teach other workshops and elective courses in our curriculum as well. More information about these courses can be found at https://www.law.nova.edu/currentstudents/course-descriptions.html
Essential Job Functions: Adjunct faculty will be required to do the following:
• Teach one J.D. experiential workshop for a full semester in accordance with the academic calendar,
• Participate in training sessions as may be required by the law school,
• Attend meetings with administrators, 2
• Complete course syllabi by the required deadlines
• Timely grade all assignments and complete evaluations and include meaningful feedback throughout the semester,
• Respond to student questions in a timely fashion,
• Submit grades within the scheduled time frame, and
• Complete all administrative requirements, including, but not limited to, taking attendance, completing roster reconciliation forms, submitting book orders, etc. Qualifications:
• Candidates must have a Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-approved law school or the equivalent degree from a foreign country,
• Licensed member in good standing of the United States Bar, and
• At least 5 years of legal practice experience (which may include judicial clerkships).
To Apply: Send a letter of interest identifying specific classes for which the applicant wishes to be considered, along with a CV or résumé to the Chair of the Adjunct Appointment and Review Committee, Kenneth Lewis at email@example.com.
About the Company
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit,
independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova
Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities and
will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status. In furtherance of the University’s commitment to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion, NSU
highly encourages applications from those who would add diversity to our faculty, academic
community, and curriculum.