Raleigh R. Rawls
Named in honor of Broward County’s longest serving African-American attorney, this scholarship will be awarded to an African American high school senior who has overcome obstacles during their high school journey and has expressed an interest in pursuing a career in the legal field.
Qualifications and Deadline
April 27, 2022
Raleigh R. Rawls Scholarship Application Essay prompt
Name an experience that has occurred in your life, that has inspired you to enter the legal field and what do you plan to accomplish as an attorney upon your admittance to the Bar.
The following requirements must be completed to be considered for the scholarship:
1. Be a high school senior of African-American descent graduating from Dillard High School or MAST Academy.
2. Have a minimum of 2.5 unweighted GPA on the UNOFFICIAL transcript uploaded at the time of application.
3. Upload a 4x6 photograph (HEADSHOT ONLY) that is clear and may be used for publication (graduation photo preferred).
4. Have an articulated interest in pursuing a career in the legal field.
5. Demonstrated community service involvement.
6. Written communication demonstrated completed Essay (500 words typed).